Naranja Park is a 213-acre parcel located at 810 W. Naranja Drive, between First Avenue and La Cañada Drive in Oro Valley.
Naranja Park is home to:
- Oro Valley Archery Range
- Metal Detecting permitted
- Off leash dog park
- Multi-use fields
- Sonoran Desert Flyers - a 501 (c) (3) organization whose mission is to promote radio control aircraft modeling for everyone. They offer educational assistance to schools and hold regular charity events, and provide free pilot training to any person interested in learning how to fly radio controlled model aircraft.
- Southern Arizona Veterans and First Responders Living Memorial
Keep yourself and your pets safe and be aware of your surroundings as it may be the season when rattlesnakes are found on the trails and in the parks. If you encounter a rattlesnake in an urban area near your house, you may call the fire department to remove it. For more information on living with venomous reptiles in our area, please click here.
Naranja Park Maps and Reports:
- Naranja Park Map
- Trails and Distances Map (PDF) | Online
- East Walking Archery Course and Distances Map
- West Walking Course Map
- Master Plan (Concept Design Report) (2007)
Naranja Park Master Plan Update
- Master Plan Update Conceptual Design Drawing - July 2015
- Fact Sheet
- Construction Updates
- July 2014 Update
- Photo Gallery
- Telephone Survey Report
Drones at Naranja Park
FAA Small Unmanned Aircraft Registration Rule - As of December 21, 2015, the Federal Aviation Administration requires owners of small unmanned aircraft (UAS) weighing more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams) and less than 55 pounds (approx. 25 kilograms) register their aircraft through a web-based process. For more info, click here.
Off Leash Dog Parks
Naranja Park contains two new off leash dog areas; one for smaller dogs and one for larger dogs. Dogs should be exercised within the park that is appropriate for their size to avoid potential conflict. Puppies under the age of 4 months (without their complete set of shots) are prohibited due to the possibility of contagious diseases like Parvo that may be present. Dogs may only be exercised off leash within the off leash areas - not on the athletic fields or trails in the Park, as per Town Code.
The dog parks will be closed for maintenance on Tuesdays between 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Dog Park Amenities:
- Fenced Parks
- Double gated for security
- (2) Shaded Ramadas
- Picnic Tables throughout park
- Paved path
- Pet drinking stations
- Dog Toys
- Trash Receptacles
- Mutt-Mitt waste stations
Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is reserved as a dog park only - no other uses allowed.
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated and must wear their permit tags.
- No dogs under 4 months.
- No female dogs in season.
- Limit 3 dogs per visit - owners must be able to maintain control of their dogs.
- Leash dogs while entering and exiting the Dog Park.
- Dog owners must be in the park with the dog at all times, and carry a visible leash.
- Pick up all pet waste and properly dispose of it.
- Immediately fill any holes your dog digs.
- Only small bowls for drinking are allowed.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed - remove dogs at the first sign of aggression. The Oro Valley Police Department may be called to address aggressive dog issues; appropriate sanctions may be taken.
- An adult must accompany children under 13 years of age. Keep children under strict supervision.
- Enter at your own risk.
- Park users who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to leave.
Before you start searching for buried treasure in our parks, please submit the Metal Detector Membership Form or contact Parks and Recreation at (520) 229-5050 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Metal Detector membership is free and valid from January 01, 2017 - December 31, 2017.
Naranja Field Maintenance:
Field 1 will be closed on Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to noon for maintenance.
Field 2 will be closed on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon for maintenance.
If you would like additional information about Naranja Park, please feel free to contact the Parks and Recreation Office, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (520) 229-5050.
For after hours Park Maintenance Emergencies please call (520) 241-7549. (Please be advised that the after hours phone number is only used for Park Maintenance issues.)