Town Court

Administrative Order Regarding Remote and In-Person Hearings(PDF, 139KB)

The Oro Valley Town Court upholds the law and administers justice fairly and efficiently. Everyone that comes before the Court is treated with dignity and respect.



Proceedings held at the Oro Valley Town Court can be heard by following the link: Live Audio Courtroom

REGARDING THE LIVE AUDIO FEED: If the court proceeding has not begun when you click the link, you must continue to refresh the connection until the recording begins. You must establish a new connection once the broadcast starts as it will not begin playing automatically. 



Beginning April 2024, the Court will be undergoing a building expansion and renovation.  This project will create a lobby with a seating area, public restrooms, and meeting areas for court visitors and attorneys. 

The project is expected to be completed in March 2025.  Please visit the Court Project website to learn more.  

New Court.png



Pay your ticket   Apply for Marriage License Obtain a Protective Order Request Court Records


Court Calendar

Open Court will be held at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday - Friday.



07/16/2024     TUESDAY: SEE ATTACHED(PDF, 101KB)


07/18/2024     THURSDAY: SEE ATTACHED(PDF, 70KB)




Other Services

  • Marriage License - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.  Monday - Friday
  • Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment - Please call the court to schedule a hearing for Open Court. Paperwork must be submitted by 12:00 p.m. 


Oro Valley Magistrate Court provides language services for Limited English Proficient (LEP) persons through various interpreter services.

Language Access Plan(PDF, 203KB)
This document serves as the plan for the Oro Valley Magistrate Court to provide to persons with limited English proficiency (LEP) services that are in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq.; 45 C.F.R. § 80.1 et seq.; and 28 C.F.R. § 42.101–42.112). The purpose of this plan is to provide a framework for the provision of timely and reasonable language assistance to LEP persons who come in contact with the Oro Valley Magistrate Court.

If an LEP court customer believes meaningful access to the courts was not provided to them, they may choose to file a complaint with the Oro Valley Magistrate Court’s Language Access Plan Coordinator. Complaint forms in various languages are available at the front counter and on the Oro Valley Magistrate Court’s webpage by clicking here(PDF, 130KB) or in Spanish, click here(PDF, 132KB) .

Where are you located?
The Oro Valley Magistrate Court is located at 11000 N. La Cañada Drive, two miles south of the intersection of  W. Tangerine Road and La Cañada Drive.  The Court is located directly in front of the three flag poles facing La Cañada Drive.

Where can I park?
Parking is available in any of the lined parking spaces in the town parking complex.  To reach the parking area, turn at the blue town sign in the median of La Cañada.

When is my court date?
If you received a Civil Traffic Citation, your court date is written on the bottom right of your citation on the line AT THE TIME AND DATE INDICATED.

How do I change my court date?

If you wish to change your court date call the Court at 229-4780.

I forgot to come on my court date, what will happen next?
If you forgot to come to court on your court date call the Court at 229-4780.  If you do not contact the Court, for criminal violations a warrant for your arrest may be issued.  For civil traffic violations, the charge(s) will default and additional fees will be assessed. 

I have a warrant for my arrest, what should I do?
You may first pay the bond set by the judge.  If the warrant is for a Failure to Appear, once the bond is paid the warrant will be cancelled (quashed) and you will be given a new court date.

You may also appear as a walk-in on a Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM.  With this option the warrant will stay in effect until after you have seen the judge and the prosecutor.

Do you issue marriage licenses at your court?

Can I file for divorce at the Oro Valley Court?
No.  If you have questions about a divorce, please contact the Pima County Superior Court at 520-740-4200.

Can I file a lawsuit at the Oro Valley Court?
No.  If you have questions about a lawsuit, please contact the Pima County Superior Court at 520-740-4200.

Can I file for bankruptcy at the Oro Valley Court?
No.  If you have questions about a bankruptcy, please contact the United States Bankruptcy Court at 1-866-553-0893

Can I file a small claim case at the Oro Valley Court?
No. Oro Valley Court does not process small claims.  You may obtain small claims forms in person at Pima County Justice Court or online at  You may request the hearing be held at Oro Valley Magistrate Court.  A hearing officer from Pima County Justice Court will hear your case.  If you have questions about small claims, please contact Pima County Justice Court at 520-724-3171.

Do I have to go through security to enter the courtroom?
Yes, the Magistrate Court has a full-time Court Security Officer (CSO) who maintains the security of the court.  If you are entering the courtroom, you will be required to pass through a metal detector.  The CSO will ask you to place any objects into a receptacle while you walk through the detector.  A hand held wand may also be used to aid in the search for prohibited objects on your person.

Banned from the court building.

  • Weapons.  This includes guns, knives, chains, mace and baton.   Other items such as tools, kitchen utensils, nail files, key holders, scissors may also be restricted.


The following objects are not allowed inside the courtroom.

  • Food and drink.  Commercially bottled water (16 oz. maximum size) may be brought into the courtroom. No personal beverage or other containers permitted.  Soda in cans or cups may not be brought in.

I have to pay a fine, what should I do?
All fines are due on the day they are imposed. Payment plans may be available for those unable to pay their fine in full. Please contact the court at 520-229-4780.

You may pay a fine by Cash, Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check, Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). Credit Cards are accepted to pay fines and fees online only at  .  A charge from these vendors will be associated with online payments.

Please do not pay by cash through the mail. Checks should be made payable to Oro Valley Magistrate Court.

If your fine is listed on the bond card you received from the police officer, you may mail in your payment.  If you mail your payment you will be admitting responsibility to the civil traffic charges you have received and your will not have to appear in court.  If your fine is not listed on the Bond/Fine Schedule, then you must appear on your court date. Credit card payments are accepted online only.

Traffic Matters


For any questions regarding suspension, defendants should contact MVD at:

TTD Systems Only:     Phoenix (602) 712-3222   |  Elsewhere in Arizona 1-800-251-5866

Can I go to defensive driving school?
Yes, if you are eligible you may attend defensive driving school.  To see if you are eligible, and to learn more about Defensive Driving School, read below.

The Oro Valley Magistrate Court allows people who have received tickets for some moving violations to attend Defensive Driving School.

Who can go to school?
You are eligible if:

  • Your citation was for a civil moving violation.
  • You have not attended a defensive driving class for an Arizona citation in the last 12 months.
  • Your citation was not issued as the result of a collision in which any person was seriously injured or killed.
  • You do not have a CDL (Commercial Driver License) in some instances, a person may be eligible to attend - please contact the court at 229-4780 for more information.
  • You are at least 18 years of age at the time of the violation.
  • Under 18 year of age must have parent permission - please contact the Court for more information.

If you are eligible and complete the school to the satisfaction of the Defensive Driving School and Supreme Court requirements, your traffic violation will be dismissed.

What if I have more than one violation on my citation?
If you have more than one violation on your citation you must handle all other violations before the court date on the citation.

Can I have extra time to attend Defensive Driving School?
You can call or email the Oro Valley Court and request an extension PRIOR TO YOUR COURT DATE. The court will give you one 30 day extension from the date of contact. You must complete the class at least 7 days before the extended court date.

How can I enroll?
To confirm eligibility to attend Defensive Driving School and/or register for class, phone 1-888-334-5565 or go online to

NOTE: Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) will require you to attend Traffic Survival School (TSS) if you are found responsible for Red Light Violation(s) 28-645A3A or 28-647.  If you are eligible for Defensive Driving School and complete the class, the violation will be dismissed and MVD will not require you to attend TSS.

Why should I go to Defensive Driving School?

  • You will not have points assessed to your driving record.
  • You will not have to go to the court as long as this is the only violation.
  • You will not have to pay a fine.
  • The charge will be dismissed.

How do I resolve Equipment Repair Violations?
If you were cited for any of the following violations please read this notice.

  • 28-924A, 28-925A, 28-939, 28-957.01A, 28-956, 28-952. 28-931C, 28-957B, or 28-941

Equipment Repair Violations may be resolved one of three ways:

  1. by taking the automobile to any police officer or Sheriff’s Deputy and have them verify the repair by signing the back of your pink citation.
  2. by taking or faxing a copy of the invoice for the repair to the Oro Valley Magistrate Court
  3. by paying the fine/sanction for the vehicle equipment violation. (See orange pamphlet or Bond Schedule).

You must have the repair(s) done within seven (7) days of receiving the citation and submit proof to the court before your court appearance or it will be treated as any other civil traffic citation.

If the repair has been made, the citation for the equipment violation will be dismissed. If you fail to have the repair made, the citation will be processed as any other civil traffic violation. (see the Bond Schedule).