Where moderation of comments is an available option, comments from the public may be moderated before posting by the Town of Oro Valley designated staff. Where moderation prior to posting is not an option, sites will be regularly monitored by Town staff.
The Town of Oro Valley reserves the right to modify or remove any messages or postings that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be abusive, obscene, and defamatory, in violation of the copyright, trademark right, or other intellectual property right of any third party, or otherwise inappropriate or incorrect.
For example, the following may be removed by the Town of Oro Valley:
- Potentially libelous comments
- Obscene or racist comments
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Plagiarized material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Comments totally unrelated to the topic of the forum
- Commercial promotions or spam
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
The Town of Oro Valley is not responsible or liable for content posted by any subscriber in any forum, message board, or other area within the service.
By posting a comment, customers agree to indemnify the Town of Oro Valley, its officers and staff from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages, and costs (including attorney's fees) incurred by any of them which arise out of or are related to the content posted by customers. Forums and messaging may not be used for commercial purposes or for organized political activity.
If a customer does not agree to these terms, the individual should not use the Town of Oro Valley sponsored sites as a violation of these terms may lead to legal liability.
The Town of Oro Valley’s website is not an official statement of Town policy, law practice, services or procedure, and should not be construed as such. It is intended only to give general information about the Town.
While an effort is made to post only accurate information, the Town does not guarantee that the information posted is always current or correct. The Town does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its web pages.
Any document on the Town of Oro Valley website is not deemed the “official” copy of the document. Copies of “official” documentation can be obtained from the Town of Oro Valley Clerk’s Office.
The Town makes no warranties, express or implied as to the fitness of the information for any purpose, or to results obtained by individuals using the information and is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information contained herein.
The Town is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of or the inability to use, any web pages and/or the materials contained on the web pages whether the materials are provided by the Town or by a third party.
At certain places on the Town's website there are links to other Internet sites. Such external Internet sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of the Town. The Town does not endorse, approve, certify, or control external Internet sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness efficiency, timeliness or correctness of the information located at the sites. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the Town.
Communications made through this sites email and messaging system is for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Town or any of its officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of actions or for any other purpose.
All comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information disclosed or offered to the Town of Oro Valley, Arizona by this site, or in response to solicitations from this site (collectively, the "Comments") shall remain the property of the Town of Oro Valley, Arizona. None of the Comments shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Town of Oro Valley, Arizona, and the Town of Oro Valley, Arizona shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of the Comments. Without limitation of the foregoing, the Town of Oro Valley, Arizona shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Comments of every kind and nature throughout the world and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Comments for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Comments.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to all Arizona Residents. Town of Oro Valley Employees and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of employees are not eligable. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Only one entry per person, per contest is allowed, all additional entries will be rejected.
2. Agreement to Rules: [AJ1] By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet all eligibility requirements. You also agree to and abide by the decisions of the Town of Oro Valley as final and binding.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on date of the Facebook post and ending at the end date and time given. Any entry received outside of the timeframe will be rejected.
4. How to Enter: To enter, submit your entry at http://www.facebook.com/orovalleyazgov. Your entry must meet all eligibility requirements to win a prize, otherwise your entry will be rejected. Any attempt to fraudulently submit any entry will be rejected.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive two (2) Oro Valley tote bags and (6) individual free entry passes to the Oro Valley Aquatic Center. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. Prizes are nontransferable. All prize-related expenses, including without limitation to any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others is permitted. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Town of Oro Valley to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation
6. Odds: The odds of winning vary.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Town of Oro Valley. Winner will be notified via Facebook within three (3) days following selection. the Town of Oro Valley shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices for any reason. If winner cannot be contacted, or is otherwise ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [7 days] from the time award notification was posted, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize shall be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is subject to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE TOWN OF ORO VALLEY‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering your content (e.g., photo, text, etc.) as part of this contest, you understand and agree that the Town of Oro Valley, anyone acting on behalf of the Town of Oro Valley, and the Town of Oro Valley’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent from you. By entering your content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Town of Oro Valley from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Town of Oro Valley may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: the Town of Oro Valley reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Town of Oro Valley’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. The Town of Oro Valley reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Town of Oro Valley has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Town of Oro Valley reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Town of Oro Valley and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Pima County ARIZONA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses. Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Town of Oro Valley
11000 N La Canada Dr
Oro Valley, AZ 85737
Requests must be received no later than 5 p.m. on June 11, 2021.
14. Sponsor: The sponsor of the contest is the Town of Oro Valley, 11000 N La Canada Drive, Oro Valley, AZ 85737
15. Facebook: The contest hosted by the Town of Oro Valley is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
By entering this contest, you, the participant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the official rules.