ADOT to begin paving Oro Valley section of SR 77/Oracle Road project J
Published on July 14, 2021
Oro Valley, Arizona (July 14, 2021) – In a July 13 press release, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) announced that road construction on the section of State Route 77/Oracle Road, from Magee to Calle Concordia, will begin the night of Sunday, July 18, 2021. (Click here for original ADOT release.) This project will result in improved road conditions, safety features and ADA compliance in three phases, spanning from the I-10 junction up to Calle Concordia in Oro Valley.
Weather permitting, ADOT estimates that it will take approximately 100 days to complete the Oro Valley portion of this project (by the end of October).
Project facts provided by ADOT
- Work will begin north of Magee Road and continue to Calle Concordia.
- Work will take place at night between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, and one lane will be open at all times.
- Paving work will rotate nightly between north- and southbound lanes.
- With very few exceptions, all lanes will be open during the day.
- Motorists can expect a reduced speed limit and uneven pavement during construction.
- The intersection of Magee Road and SR 77 will not be paved at this time due to the installation of new dual-turn lanes anticipated at a future date.
- Regular traffic alerts will be issued with upcoming traffic impacts. Subscribe here.
- Please obey posted speed limits to ensure safety of drivers and construction staff.
For more information
The Town of Oro Valley has set up an information page at orovalleyaz.gov to help direct residents to the following ADOT resources:
Still have questions? Residents and motorists may contact ADOT Community Relations Project Manager Joanna Bradley at email@example.com or 520-235-3494.
ADOT may contact businesses along Oracle Road via email, phone, mail or an in-person visit to inform them of impacts. If you have questions or need assistance for your business, you can contact Jan Waukon (RTA Business Outreach Program) at 520-229-9331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the project
(Source: ADOT project page)
The Arizona Department of Transportation is working to improve the area of State Route 77: Junction I-10 to Calle Concordia. The project is a combination of three projects. The project will span between the junction of Interstate 10 and Miracle Mile to River Road on SR 77 (Oracle Road), and from River Road to Calle Concordia Road on SR 77 (Oracle Road) in the Town of Oro Valley. Construction will begin in early 2021 and will last approximately two years. Granite Construction is the Prime contractor. The project will include:
- Pavement rehabilitation from I-10 and Miracle Mile to Calle Concordia.
- Lighting improvements, including new LED street lights between River and Ina Roads.
- Roadway drainage improvement.
- Utilities relocation.
- Signal and intersection improvement between River and Ina Roads.
- Reconstructing driveways, sidewalks and sidewalk ramps between I-10/Miracle Mile and River Road to meet ADA compliance
- Constructing new ADA approved ramps, sidewalks, driveways between River and Magee Roads.
- Adding new dual left turn lanes to the intersection of Magee and Oracle Roads.
- Installing a storm drain system from River to Orange Grove Roads.
- Reconstructing and repaving the roadway from River Road to Calle Concordia.