Naranja Park contains two off leash dog areas; one for smaller dogs and one for larger dogs. Dogs should be exercised within the park that is appropriate for their size to avoid potential conflict. Puppies under the age of 4 months (without their complete set of shots) are prohibited due to the possibility of contagious diseases like Parvo that may be present. Dogs may only be exercised off leash within the off leash areas - not on the athletic fields or trails in the Park, as per Town Code.
The Naranja Dog Parks are closed daily from noon to 1 p.m. so that the parks maintenance crew can perform general maintenance and improvements.
Dog Park Amenities:
- Fenced Parks
- Double gated for security
- (2) Shaded Ramadas
- Picnic Tables throughout park
- Paved path
- Pet drinking stations
- Dog Toys
- Trash Receptacles
- Mutt-Mitt waste stations
Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is reserved as a dog park only - no other uses allowed.
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated and must wear their permit tags.
- No dogs under 4 months.
- No female dogs in season.
- Limit 3 dogs per visit - owners must be able to maintain control of their dogs.
- Leash dogs while entering and exiting the Dog Park.
- Dog owners must be in the park with the dog at all times, and carry a visible leash.
- Pick up all pet waste and properly dispose of it.
- Immediately fill any holes your dog digs.
- Only small bowls for drinking are allowed.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed - remove dogs at the first sign of aggression. The Oro Valley Police Department may be called to address aggressive dog issues; appropriate sanctions may be taken.
- An adult must accompany children under 13 years of age. Keep children under strict supervision.
- Enter at your own risk.
- Park users who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to leave.