The OVPD Adopt-A-Business program was initiated to provide more interaction with our business community to resolve issues and exchange information and ideas. Through the program, we are able to make ongoing contacts with our businesses for the purpose of crime prevention, information sharing, collaborating on community projects and resolving issues in the community.
How does it work?
- Officers participate by contacting a set number of businesses in their patrol areas on a regular basis (weekly at minimum)
- Officers regularly update contact information on all adopted businesses
- Businesses will be invited to quarterly security meetings where we exchange information
- Training can be provided as requested by the businesses
- We are currently organizing an email exchange with all the businesses to promote better communications to help prevent crime
- Through this program, we offer the businesses a free site assessment and security survey through our Community Resource Unit
Business owners or managers who wish to participate please contact Mandi Roth at (520) 229-4910 Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. or any member of the OVPD.