Effective January 12, 2018
All off duty requests go through Extra Duty Solutions (EDS). You may contact EDS by email, by phone at (520) 988-3130 or fax at (203) 306-3140.
The Oro Valley Police Department (OVPD) and EDS have contracted that the following requirements be met in order to hire OVPD Officers for off-duty work:
- Proof of a General Liability insurance policy in the amount of two (2) million dollars, making the Town of Oro Valley an "additional insured party" to the policy, which includes all applicable departments.
- If the Oro Valley Police Department is providing off-duty officers as part of a special event, they are covered under the Certificate of Insurance provided to the Town for the special event.
- require a minimum of three (3) business days prior notice for job requests to be staffed and all the required paperwork must be received by the Office of Professional Standards prior to assigning officers to the job. If the Department receives less than three (3) business days notice to fill an assignment, officers will receive $60.00 per hour per officer.
- Hourly pay rates are as follows:
||$45.00 (if acting in a supervisory capacity)
||$50.00 (if acting in a supervisory capacity)
|Holiday pay rate for all above
||Time and one half of regular off-duty rate
- All jobs have a four (4) hour minimum. If cancellation is necessary, notification must be made one (1) business day prior to the job or a four (4) hour minimum will be charged per officer.
- At the discretion of the Office of Professional Standards Lieutenant, employers requesting officers to remain at the job more than one (1) hour beyond the scheduled time will be subject to an increased pay rate of one and one-half (1½ ) times the regular rate.
- In certain situations, marked patrol units may be requested or determined to be necessary for the safety of all the parties. The mileage rate will be billed in accordance to the IRS mileage reimbursement allowance at the time services are rendered, in addition to $2.50 per hour per vehicle used. You will be informed at the time of agreement what the vehicle costs may be, pending mileage computation.
- When public safety is a concern, the Chief of Police or her designee reserves the right to adjust the staffing and duties of the officers.
- EDS adds a 10% administration fee to all invoices.
- Complete the Off-Duty Agreement(PDF, 58KB) and return to EDS with the Certificate of Liability Insurance
The following holidays are recognized as eligible for holiday pay rate:
New Year’s Eve, New Year's Day, Civil Rights’ Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Overnight shifts starting or ending on a holiday will be billed at the holiday pay rate.
As a general rule, one (1) sergeant is required for every five (5) officers assigned.