James D. Kriegh Park
If you would like additional information about James D. Kriegh Park, please feel free to contact the Parks and Recreation Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (520) 229-5050.
For after hours Park Maintenance Emergencies please call (520) 241-7549. (Please be advised that the after hours phone number is only used for Park Maintenance issues.)
James D. Kriegh Park has the only public off leash dog park and racquetball courts in Oro Valley.
Racquetball Courts Available Sunday - Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Please be advised that the Racquetball Courts are locked and a reservation is required to receive the lock combination.
- Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Reservations may be made in person or by calling Parks and Recreation at (520) 229-5050 during normal business hours. (Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) The Town of Oro Valley's Programs will receive priority scheduling. Courts are available for public use during non-program hours.
- A current Racquetball Membership form must be completed prior to making a reservation. Membership is free.
- Reservations must be made no more than 48 hours in advance. For Saturday, Sunday, and Monday reservations, please call on Friday.
- Racquetball Courts can be reserved up to two (2) hours for play.
For information on the Town of Oro Valley Parks and Recreation Park Rules Read: Chapter 16 of the Town Code
Off Leash Dog Park
Located next to the Northeast parking lot.
Dog Park Amenities
Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is reserved as a dog park only - no other uses allowed.
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated and must wear their permit tags.
- No dogs under 4 months.
- No female dogs in season.
- Limit 3 dogs per visit - owners must be able to maintain control of their dogs.
- Leash dogs while entering and exiting the Dog Park.
- Dog owners must be in the park with the dog at all times, and carry a visible leash.
- Pick up all pet waste and properly dispose of it.
- Immediately fill any holes your dog digs.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed - remove dogs at the first sign of aggression. The Oro Valley Police Department may be called to address aggressive dog issues; appropriate sanctions may be taken.
- An adult must accompany children under 13 years of age. Keep children under strict supervision.
- Enter at your own risk.
- Park users who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to leave.
Before you start searching for buried treasure in our parks, please submit the Metal Detecting Membership Application or contact Parks and Recreation at (520) 229-5050 or via e-mail: email@example.com
Metal Detector membership is free and valid from January 01, 2013-December 31, 2013