Citizen Volunteer Assistants Program (CVAP)
The Citizen Volunteer Assistants (CVAP) Program provides an opportunity for citizens 50 and over to serve their community by assisting the Oro Valley Police Department in emergency and non-emergency situations.
A special thank you to all our CVAP Members . . .YOU ARE THE BEST!
Volunteer work can be a challenging and rewarding experience and we will provide the opportunity to meet many other dedicated people who selflessly serve the citizens of Oro Valley. We take a great deal of pride in our volunteers and the services they provide.
We are committed to maintaining a citizen volunteer program that will help make the Department as efficient and productive as possible. With your help, our goal is to provide courteous, professional and responsible service to the community.
I consider every volunteer to be an important member of the Department. Every hour a volunteer contributes to making your community a better place to live is time well spent.
Again welcome and thank you volunteers, for your help.
Daniel G. Sharp
Chief of Police
CVAP members may perform the following assignments:
- Provide OVPD with additional powers of observation by using the license plate reader (LPR) system and reporting suspicious and criminal activity
- Supports crime prevention initiatives of OVPD and encourages the use of crime prevention practices and techniques
- Provide on-call assistance to law enforcement officials who need assistance at accidents or any other emergency scenes
- Provides traffic assistance at special events
- Provides administrative assistance to CVAP and OVPD, including front desk service
- Assist in the training additional volunteers
- Provides fingerprinting services to adults and children
- Assists at public events such as Dispose-A-Med, Shred-A-Thon and National Night Out
- Provides perimeter home inspection for citizens who vacate homes throughout the year, known as the Darkhouse program
CVAP Board Members
- Chair Jim Duran
- Vice Chair VACANT
- Treasurer / Secretary JoAnn Corolla
- Office Resource Director Jill Rosenbaum
- Patrol Director George Royer
- Training Coordinator Mike Hennings
- Darkhouse Coordinator VACANT
Rob Knawa, Bob Rombaugh, Dick White and Al Price