Town seeks to fill various board and commission vacancies

Published on September 17, 2020

Town Seal for News Articles white background

The Town of Oro Valley is accepting applications from residents who are interested in serving on a board or commission. To serve on a board or commission, members must be residents of the Town of Oro Valley, be available to attend the designated meetings and be committed to the completion of the Town’s Community Academy within their term. The first application review deadline is October 9, 2020.

Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment (BOA) has one (1) open position that serves a two-year term. The BOA is a quasi-judicial board that has the power to review and decide on administrative decisions or zoning requirements that create unnecessary hardships in the development of property because of exceptional or extraordinary conditions. Since the Board of Adjustment is quasi-judicial, the Board makes final decisions on items that come before it. BOA meets as needed on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m.

Historic Preservation Commission
The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) has three (3) open positions that serve a three-year term. HPC was formed to promote the educational, cultural and economic welfare of Oro Valley by ensuring the preservation of historic buildings, districts, landmarks, structures, documents, photographs and other artifacts that represent the historic background and development of the greater Oro Valley area. HPC meets the first Monday of every month at 5 p.m.

Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB) has one (1) open position that serves a two-year term. PRAB acts in an advisory capacity to the Town Council in matters pertaining to parks and recreation, park design, open space and trail use. PRAB meets at least four times per year at 6 p.m.

Stormwater Utility Commission (SWUC)
The Stormwater Utility Commission (SWUC) has two (2) open positions that serve a two-year term. SWUC makes recommendations to the Town Council on issues relating to flood control and stormwater quality management and the issuance of bonds for stormwater activities and prescribes service charges. SWUC meets on the third Thursday of the month at 4 p.m.

Water Utility Commission
The Water Utility Commission (WUC) has one (1) open position that serves a three-year term. The WUC members advise the Town Council on issues relating to water, including water policies, water rates, water resources, and water conservation. The Water Utility Commission meets on the second Monday of every month at 5 p.m.

Residents who are interested in applying for any of these positions can contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 520-229-4700 or apply online by clicking here.