Town of Oro Valley launches new website
Published on April 30, 2020
The Town’s new website has launched! Earlier today, the Town of Oro Valley officially unveiled its new website. Featuring the same web address—www.orovalleyaz.gov— the new site offers improved navigation, performance and functionality. The user-friendly site features an intuitive search engine and requires fewer clicks to find what you’re looking for.
“We’re excited to finally showcase our new website. Oro Valley’s residents are extremely engaged, and we needed a website to match their enthusiasm and provide better service and features to assist them. This new site does exactly that. Beyond its enhanced functionality, we are proud of how well designed this site is,” said Town Manager Mary Jacobs.
Speaking of service, one new function is a “Service” tab on the homepage. Here you can find out how to utilize Town services. Whether you’re paying your water bill, reporting a traffic complaint or submitting a question to AskOV, most Town services are in one convenient location on the website, with easy-to-follow instructions with clear calls to action.
In addition, the website also includes the following features:
- “What’s happening near me?” – Enter your address and see what’s happening in Oro Valley near you, including activities, events and facilities, and also including construction projects.
- “Things to do” – Take a look at all that Oro Valley has to offer!
- “Discuss” – An open forum for residents to share their ideas and input on a variety of topics. Just like Nextdoor, only without all the lost dog notices.
- Fillable forms – The new site features fillable forms that allow for electronic submission, which means less printing.
- Improved Community and Economic Development page – To assist you no matter which hat you’re wearing, (e.g. resident, business owner, developer, contractor, etc.)
- Town projects – The Town has consolidated its projects (e.g. development and construction) into one website. Although this site is separate from the Town’s website, it can still be accessed from the home page. Just click on the OV Projects button. You may also type www.OVProjects.com into your web browser.
The new website will continue to be a go-to place for Council, board and commission meeting agendas, calendar events, Parks & Recreation questions and much of the same information you found before, including the most-often requested info, including services, news and public notices.
The Town of Oro Valley continues to update its COVID-19 page. To access the page, click on the yellow notification banner at the top of the homepage or you can click the blue COVID-19 button.
The Town partnered with government website developer Open Cities to create this new site. Open Cities is dedicated to providing an effective, well-designed website and content management system that powers engaged interactions between local government and its citizens.
Want a quick tour of the new website? Be sure to watch this orientation video to learn about popular features. https://youtu.be/3WDoFV73fPI
For more information, contact AskOV at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.