Welcome to the contest submission page for Round One of Name OV’s new 202-acre outdoor space! Please carefully read the following information before submitting your entry below.
The Town of Oro Valley will be acquiring 202 acres of the former Vistoso Golf Course, which will be permanently preserved as recreational space in perpetuity for all to enjoy. The Town needs YOUR help with naming the property! The contest will take place in two rounds of public participation: the submission round (Round One) and the voting round (Round Two).
In this first round, citizens are invited to submit their name idea(s). Participation is free and open to anyone. Round One deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 17, 2022. The winner of Name OV’s New 202-Acre Outdoor Space! will receive a prize package valued at more than $1,700. For more information, including details on the prize package and Round Two voting, click here to read the March 31 press release.
ROUND ONE CONTEST RULES
- Submissions cannot contain copyrighted or trademarked names or phrases.
- Any language deemed offensive or inappropriate (determination to be made at the Town’s discretion) will be immediately disregarded.
- The participant’s name and contact information is required for submission.
- You do not need to be an Oro Valley resident to submit a name.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, April 17, 2022.
- Participants will claim no right to the name provided and agree to let the Town of Oro Valley use all or part of their submission idea for the naming process, final property name and related signage and promotion in Town communications.
NAMING CONTEST STATEMENT
By submission of my name idea(s) (“Name”) in the Town of Oro Valley (“Town”) Name OV’s New 202-Acre Outdoor Space! contest, I hereby assign and or transfer to the Town, all copyright in and to the Name, and all rights therein, including but not limited to the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the Name in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Name and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages and in all media of expression now known or later developed.