OV announces updated community engagement methods for public meetings
Published on March 27, 2020
To ensure public participation during the current period of social distancing, the Town of Oro Valley has updated its procedures for public meetings. The public will now be able to submit a blue card via email prior to the meeting for an opportunity to have that statement or comment be read aloud or entered into the record. Due to emergency the following restrictions and procedures have been placed on all public meetings, including the upcoming Oro Valley Town Council meeting to be held on April 1, 2020 at 5 p.m. (please note 5 p.m. start time.) These procedures, which are subject to change, are in effect until further notice:
- In-person attendance by members of the public will be prohibited. The public will have two options to view or listen to the meeting as stated in bullet numbers four and five.
- If a member of the public would like to submit a comment or question, also known as a blue card, the comment or question must be sent via email to Bluecard@orovalleyaz.gov no later than thirty minutes before the public meeting.
- If the sender wants it to be read at the meeting (which may or may not occur, in part or in its entirety, as appropriate under the circumstances), comments shall be limited to no more than 500 words or three minutes as read aloud.
- Such emails shall also identify the name, town of residence, and whether the sender wants the email read during the Call to Audience section or a specific agenda item, provided that the reading of the comment can remain within the prescribed three minutes.
- To view the meeting online, https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/Government/Departments/Town-Clerk/Meetings-and-Agendas and select the meeting you would like to watch.
- To listen to the meeting via teleconference, dial 480-999-2896 and when prompted enter ID: 311 239 070# to listen to the meeting and/or speak at either Call to Audience or on a Regular Agenda item (if public comment is allowed, as appropriate under the circumstances).
- Should an individual wish to speak during the meeting, they shall contact the Town Clerk at 520-229-4700 or at firstname.lastname@example.org at least thirty minutes prior to the meeting and shall state what agenda item they would like to speak on.
- For a list of upcoming Town of Oro Valley meetings, click here.
The Town will monitor the effectiveness of these procedures and consider changes or improvements as they are implemented.
For more information, please email AskOV at email@example.com.