On September 16, 2016, the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) presented the Town of Oro Valley with the Educate and Enforce Award as part of the 2016 Mayor’s Challenge.
About Oro Valley
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County approximately three miles north of the Tucson city limits. Nestled between the Catalina and Tortolita mountain ranges, the town sits at an elevation of 2,620 feet and covers more than 36 square miles.
Incorporated in April 1974 and home to more than 43,565, the Town of Oro Valley employs the council-manager form of municipal government. Oro Valley is administered by a seven-member Town Council.
- One of America’s 10 Safest Suburbs - Movoto Real Estate, 2014
- Best Place in Arizona to Raise Kids - Bloomberg Businessweek, 2013
- Playful City Community USA, 2011 - 2015
- 10 Best Towns for Families - Family Circle Magazine, August 2008
- 100 Best Places in America to Live and Launch a Small Business - Fortune Small Business Magazine, April 2008
When it comes to climate, Oro Valley is one of the sunniest, most comfortable places in the country. Our climate delivers average high temperatures of 83.4 degrees and average lows of 53.8 degrees.
Find adventure with fantastic destinations for nearby daytrips. Go boating, water skiing and fishing at one of several lakes, each within a two-hour drive. In the winter, Mount Lemmon—only 60 minutes away in the Santa Catalina Mountains—offers a great downhill skiing challenge for all ages and levels.
Residents in Oro Valley enjoy an upscale lifestyle. Our population of 41,011 is balanced across all age segments. Projections indicate continued, healthy growth. Per capita income is among the highest of any community in Arizona with a median household income of $71,628. In 2010,
- Median age is 49.8
- 96.8% have high school diplomas or higher
- 51.5% have a bachelor’s degree or higher
Town of Oro Valley
Source: 2010 Census data and 2015 American Community Survey data
- Population: 43,565
- Number of households: 17,364
- Median home value: $276,600
- Median household income: $74,480
- Per capita income: $39,397
- Land area in square miles: 36 square miles
- Person per square mile: 1,154.4 persons/sq mi
For more information, view the Arizona State Demographic Viewer.