Divide my land

Are you interested in dividing your land? If so, Town approval is required. Click here for the development review process if you are seeking to divide your land into four or more parcels or if you need to create a new road to access each parcel. Please follow the steps below for any land division involving three or less parcels with existing access to each. 


A minor land division is required to split your land into three or less parcels with existing access to each. To divide land into four or more parcels or requiring new streets or roads, the development review process is required. Click here for additional information about that process.

Step 1.Review the requirements for a minor land division

  • Review the parameters for a minor land division criteria in Section 22.9.G

Step 2.Submit a pre-application packet (optional)

  • The purpose of this meeting is to introduce your project to town staff
  • During the meeting, staff will provide preliminary comments regarding process and code compliance
  • Download and fill-out a pre-application form HERE(PDF, 2MB).
  • Submit the application to planning@orovalleyaz.gov
  • Applications received by Wednesday at 5 PM will be scheduled for consideration the following Thursday. Applications received after the deadline will be scheduled for consideration 2 Thursday's from the date received.

Step 3.Submit a formal application

Step 4.Staff review 

  • All applicable departments will review your submittal for code compliance 
  • Staff comments will be provided within 15 working days of a complete submittal

Step 5.Submit a revised application

  • A revised application addressing staff comments must be resubmitted
  • Additional revised submittals may be necessary if code issues are not adequately addressed 

Step 6.Approval

  • Staff will issue an approval once all comments have been addressed and the request is code compliant.
  • Approved documents will be available for pick-up from the Community and Economic Development Department

Step 7.Recording

  • Subsequent to staff approval, it is the applicant's responsibility to get the approved documents recorded with the Pima County Recorder's Office and annotated with Pima County Addressing.
  • Upon completion, a PDF copy of the recorded documents must be provided to the Town to complete your project.