Calendar  ⋅  Departments  ⋅  Documents  ⋅  Employment  ⋅  Maps  ⋅  News  ⋅  Online Services  ⋅  Projects

Town seeks to fill various board and commission vacancies

September 24, 2018

The Town of Oro Valley is accepting applications from residents who are interested in serving on a board or commission. To serve on a board or commission, members must be residents of the Town of Oro Valley, be available to attend the designated meetings and be committed to the completion of the Town’s Community Academy within their term.

Residents who are interested in applying for any of the following positions can contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 520-229-4700 or apply online by visiting the Boards and Commissions Opportunities webpage at:

Historic Preservation Commission
The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) has three open positions that serve a three-year term. The HPC was formed to promote the educational, cultural and economic welfare of Oro Valley by ensuring the preservation of historic buildings, districts, landmarks, structures, documents, photographs and other artifacts that represent the historic background and development of the greater Oro Valley area. HPC meets the first Monday of every month at 5 p.m. at Town Hall, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive.

Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB) has two open positions that serve a two-year term. PRAB acts in an advisory capacity to the Town Council in matters pertaining to parks and recreation, park design, open space and trail use. PRAB meets at least four times per year at 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive.

Water Utility Commission
The Water Utility Commission (WUC) has two open positions that serve a three-year term. The vacancies available are for individuals who have knowledge and/or interest in water-related issues. The first open position would represent commercial water customers. This applicant shall be a technically qualified representative from a commercial and/or turf interest within the Oro Valley water system. The second open position would represent the Countryside Water Service Area and be a technically qualified customer of the Oro Valley Water Utility. However, if representation in the specified areas cannot be achieved, a filling of the vacancies may be achieved with the addition of two members appointed to serve at-large. At-large members shall be technically qualified residential customers from the area served by the Town of Oro Valley water system within current Town boundaries. The WUC members advise the Town Council on issues relating to water, including water policies, water rates, water resources, and water conservation. The Water Utility Commission meets on the second Monday of every month at 6 p.m. at Town Hall, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive.