Mayor Satish I. Hiremath, D.D.S.
Term Expires: November 2018
Education: Bachelor’s degree, University of Michigan, 1985
Howard University College of Dentistry, 1989
Dr. Hiremath was born in 1963 and grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a practicing dentist with a history of community service. He established his home in Oro Valley in 1990 and fell in love with the community.
Dr. Hiremath is a member of the Arizona Association for Economic Development and a board member of the Arizona Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee. He is also a Governor appointee on both the Arizona Workforce Investment Council board and the Arizona Department of Homeland Security Regional Advisory Council (Southern Region). Dr. Hiremath currently serves as vice chair of the Regional Transportation Authority, and formerly as chair of the Pima Association of Governments and as president of the Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance. In 2007, Dr. Hiremath was elected "Community Leader of the Year" by the Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce.
Most recently, Dr. Hiremath was presented was presented with the 2017 National Award for Local Arts Leadership by the Americans for the Arts and the United States Conference of Mayors in Washington, D.C.
He has contributed to many youth, family and community nonprofit organizations, including:
• Oro Valley Public Library Children's Room
• The Oro Valley Holiday Parade
• Coronado Little League
• AYSO Soccer
• Kids Closet
• Saguaro Rotary Foundation
• Project Graduation
• Ironwood Ridge High School
• CDO High School
• Special Olympics
• Youth Leadership of America
State of the Town 2016 Speech (PDF)
- State of the Town 2016 Address (Video)
State of the Town 2015 Speech (PDF)
- State of the Town 2015 Address (Video)
State of the Town 2014 Speech (PDF)
- State of the Town 2014 Address (Video)
State of the Town 2013 Speech (PDF)
- State of the Town 2013 Address (Video)
- State of the Town 2012 Address (PDF) (Video Part I) (Video Part II)
- State of the Town 2011 Speech (PDF)
- State of the Town 2010 Speech (PDF)