Your Voice, Our Future
March 21, 2016 - Your Voice, Our Future - Environment Month!
In November 2016, you’ll get to vote on the adoption of the Your Voice, Our Future Plan. That’s why Town staff and volunteers are out in the community talking with residents about the Plan.This month, we’re sharing information on the Environment Chapter of the Your Voice, Our Future Plan. Check out the goals, policies and actions on natural and cultural resources and water resources.
Stop by our booth to talk with volunteers, learn about the Plan and enter prize drawings! This month:
- Easter Eggstravaganza, March 26, 9-11 AM, Pusch Ridge X9 Golf Course, 10000 N. Oracle Road
- OV Little League Opening Ceremonies, March 26, 10AM-12PM, Coronado K-8 School
- Oro Valley Fast Pitch Softball Family Fun Night, April 1, 6 PM, Riverfront Park
- Heirloom Farmer's Market, April 9, 9 AM, Steam Pump Ranch
- AYSO 922 Soccer, April 16, 8 AM, Naranja Park
Invite us to your event
We’ll share the Plan, offer information, answer questions and have fun activities and prizes.
Email YourVoiceOV@orovalleyaz.gov to schedule an event.
February 24, 2016 - Your Voice, Our Future - Enter to win an Archery Range Annual Family Pass!
Curious about Oro Valley's parks and recreation future? Check out the Parks and Recreation topic for goals, polices and actions from the Your Voice, Our Future Plan which will guide Oro Valley over the next 10 years!
Enter to win the Archery Range Annual Family Pass. Learn more about the Plan on our website. Join the conversation at YourVoiceOV.com. Stop by our booth at upcoming community events to talk about the Plan. Contact us to schedule a presentation with your organization!
Oro Valley's new community plan, the Your Voice, Our Future Plan, is out in the community!
The community-led Your Voice, Our Future Plan will help determine decisions made for Oro Valley over the next ten years. It takes a high level look at the community, and doesn’t set Town budgets or call for new taxes. The plan includes a range of important topics such as public safety, natural beauty, parks and recreation and how to make our community more family-friendly. This plan uses the community’s vision to set directions for residents, stakeholders, officials and Town staff to use in making decisions over the next decade.
Check out some of their ideas!
The Town strives for:
- The proactive conservation, protection, and restoration of environmentally-sensitive lands, natural resource areas and habitats and lands with high scenic value.
- Safety for all residents and visitors during emergencies, and from the threats of natural and man-made hazards, whether at home, work or other activities.
- A built environment that creatively integrates landscape, architecture and open space, and conservation elements which elevate the quality of life.
This process was last completed in 2005 with the adoption of a General Plan known as Focus 2020, The Future in Balance. This renewed effort is required by state law and responds to the Town’s changing demographics and needs.
The Town’s quality of life is the focus of this project. The current General Plan outlines actions as well as a specific implementation program to monitor results. You can check out the Focus 2020 General Plan Progress Report to learn about direct results of the previous planning and implementation, including:
- Acquisition, design and construction of several new recreational facilities, including the CDO Linear Park, a new accessible playground, and most notably the Town’s aquatic center expansion
- Continual investment in transportation, with over twenty transportation and circulation projects completed or in progress, including transit service and bike and pedestrian facilities
- Adoption of the Environmentally Sensitive Lands ordinance that reflects habitat, scenic and cultural resource conservation values
- Expansion of Town public safety programs and awareness
- Adoption of site and architectural design standards to ensure a quality built environment
- Creation of a neighborhood enhancement programs, like the Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Implementation of a comprehensive Town-wide water conservation program