At all levels, for all ages, Oro Valley offers excellent opportunities for education, and K-12 test scores in Oro Valley schools outpace national, county and state averages in almost every category for reading, language and math skills.
Oro Valley’s K-12 public schools are part of the Amphitheater School District
- Canyon del Oro High School - is an International Baccalaureate World School. The International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) approved Canyon del Oro High School to offer the IB Diploma Programme, beginning in the school year of 2012-2013. The IBO is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding students understanding of the world. Currently, there are more than 1,900 IB schools in over 124 countries, nearly 500 of which are located in the United States. Students who have earned the IB Diploma attend prestigious universities throughout the world. For more information about IB, click here.
- Ironwood Ridge High School - was named by U.S. News & World Report as Nation’s Best High School in 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Copper Creek Elementary School
- Painted Sky Elementary School
- Richard B. Wilson Jr. Elementary School
- BASIS Oro Valley, grades K - 12. BASIS schools offer students something no other American public school does: An education that prepares them according to the highest, most rigorous international standards. BASIS schools has been ranked consistently among the best schools in the United States--and the world.
K-12 private schools include
The University of Arizona
Tucson’s University of Arizona, with 18 colleges and over 39,000 students, is ranked 59th among national public institutions and 18th among all universities by the National Science Foundation.
Pima Community College
With more than 65,000 students, six accessible campuses and three learning centers, Pima Community College is ranked among the top community college systems in the nation.
The Tucson-Metro area also hosts branches of the Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, ITT Technical Institute and University of Phoenix.