Why I like working for the Town of Oro Valley
The Town of Oro Valley provides a dynamic environment and working with its residents is a joy: a perfect place to grow your career!
- Danielle Tanner, senior office specialist, Parks & Rec
What I like is performing a service that is needed by the disabled and seniors of Oro Valley, and the appreciation they show.
- - Bob Whitley, transit driver, Transit Services
I like planning a positive future for Oro Valley - and working with residents and Town employees to make it happen!
- - Elisa Hamblin, AICP, senior planner, Planning
I like working with diverse individuals and having the flexibility, empowerment and accountability to do our jobs.
- Mario Granado, fleet maintenance mechanic II, Police
Oro Valley is located approximately three miles north of the Tucson city limits. Nestled between the Catalina and Tortolita mountain ranges, the town sits at an elevation of 2,620 feet is one of the sunniest, most comfortable places in the country.
Incorporated in April 1974 the Town of Oro Valley operates under a council/manager form of government.Home to more than 41,000, residents of Oro Valley enjoy an upscale lifestyle and pay no property taxes to the Town.
Oro Valley has received many accolades through the years and is proud to have been named:
Oro Valley is a great place to work and offers excellent benefits including:
- Free On Site Employee Health Clinic
- Free On Site Health and Wellness Program and Health Coach
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 13 paid holidays
- Full benefits package (HMO, PPO, HDHP)
- Arizona State/Public Safety Retirement System benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
Oro Valley offers world-class cycling, swimming, hiking, spas, golf and some of the most stunning desert sunsets on Earth.
Find adventure with fantastic destinations for nearby day trips. Go boating, water skiing and fishing at one of several lakes, each within a two-hour drive. In the winter visit Mount Lemmon for snow and skiing.